Updated March 19th, 2019
Changes to Our Privacy notice
Stack Advisors reserve the right to change this privacy notice at any time. If our company decides to change this privacy notice, we will post those changes on our website so that our users and customers are always aware of what information we collect, use, and disclose. Your continued use of our website, services, and products after any change to this privacy notice will constitute your acceptance of such change.
Age of Users
This Site and the Services are not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 13. We realize that a child under the age of 13 may attempt to access our website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our website, please contact us. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability to do so.
Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information, Customer Data, and Aggregated Information in the following ways:
- When you voluntarily give us information. For example, completion of our Contact forms. Contact form data is collected for the purpose of contacting you upon your request. You can always opt out of receiving further email correspondence from us. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy. For example, you may provide us information by filling in forms on our Site or within the Services, by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise.
- When you use our Site and/or Services. We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Through our service providers. We have contracts with service providers who may, in the course of providing services to us and to the extent you give information to them, supply us information about you like your IP address, location, name, email address, browser type, and hardware. Our service providers who provide information to us include products like Google Analytics which provide information about how users interact with our Sites.
- Through cookies and similar technologies. We and our partners may use various technologies to identify your browser or device to distinguish you from other users of the Site or Services. This helps to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Site or use our Services and allows us to improve our Site and Services.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hardware that help us remember you and your settings and to collect general, anonymous information about how users use our Services. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. We use persistent cookies and session cookies.
Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie is stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of a user across the Site or Services (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. We use persistent cookies to save your login information for future logins to the Site or Services.
Session Cookies: A session cookie allows the Site to link your actions during a browser session. We use session cookies to enable certain features of the Site or Services, to better understand how you interact with the Site or Services and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the Site. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site or Service and then close your browser.
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited
- Personalizing content that you see on our website
- Our website analytics
- Remarketing our products or services to you
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests
- Affiliate marketing
- Allowing you to post comments
- Allowing you to share content with social networks
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.
We may have buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a webpage. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use the information we receive from you to:
We respect the confidential nature of your Customer Data. Stack Advisors will not collect, review, share, distribute, or reference any identifiable Customer Data.
When you provide Personal Information to us, we use your Personal Information to provide you with access to the requested products, services, content and/or information. We may also use your Personal Information to help us understand who is visiting this Site and using our Service. We may also use your Personal Information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us.
- Provide technical support
- Respond to your inquiries
- Send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, policies or changes to our site and services
- Process payment and deliver products and services you purchase
- Provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us and information about other goods and services we offer
- Contact you about our specials and new services
- Enforce our Terms of Service, EULA or other policies
- Protect against or identify fraudulent transactions.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Use of Your Credit Card
To subscribe to any of our services, you may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from our website. We do not store credit card or billing information. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. We use commercially reasonable efforts to make sure your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
Links to Other Websites
Stack Advisors website content may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Special Notification for Individuals Located in the European Union – Your Rights
You have the right under Data Protection Law, free of charge, to request:
- Rectification or deletion of your Personal Information.
- A restriction on the processing of your Personal Information.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information.
You understand that removal of your information or consent will limit the services we may be able to provide you including possible cancellation of any subscription.
Special Notification for California Residents – Your Privacy Rights
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their Personal Information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to our Privacy Team in writing at email@example.com or:
Stack Advisors, LLC
Attention: Privacy Team
1719 N Emerson
Denver, CO 80218
Such requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted to us if not submitted pursuant to the terms set forth above.